Three miles to the west of Pembridge is the former estate chapel of St Mary’s at Moorcourt. In the mid-1800’s the Rev. James Davies, M.A. (Lincoln College, Oxford), of Moorcourt, erected an iron church upon his estate, which was used as a chapel of ease to the parish church of Pembridge.
During 2004/5 the church underwent extensive repair work. It is much loved by the local community and is in regular use as one of the churches in the Arrowvale Group of Parishes.